Monday, November 12, 2012

#15 Special Olympics

I had the pleasure a few weeks ago of attending the Special Olympics at Milton Frank Stadium in Huntsville, AL. This event is a very special event and one that is very close to my heart. My wife and I got to attend together and transport students from Buckhorn High School to the event. The day was beautiful and the students that were competing were extraordinary in every aspect. Both of us work closely with our learning community and have a passion for helping these students.

The amazing part of the day is seeing how the Madison County School Family came out in full force to support the students. I saw the superintendent, directors, principals, teachers, students, and maintenance workers stop by to participate. This says a lot about the people I work with and the people that make the decisions about the well being of our kids. Our bosses took time out of their day for a good cause and to have a little fun. Special Olympics brings out the best in all of us. It is something that I recommend everyone attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment