Friday, December 7, 2012

#21 I am a hero and a parol officer all in one

This past week I got to experience the ultimate Monday. As I was making my rounds picking up students on my bus a fight broke out in the back. I was forced to slam on the brakes and run to the back to break up to grown boys beating the tar out of each other. This may seem like a common thing to most bus drivers that drive the roughest kids in their school but for me it was the first fight I had on my bus in my six years of driving. The boys were neighbors and fighting over an XBOX that one of them had stolen and not cut the other one in on when he sold it. Yeah I know, they are real winners and in my class too. Well anyway, this started the week off with a bang. That afternoon a student from another bus choked on a piece of candy and I had to perform the Heimlich maneuver on the young man before we pulled off of the campus. All in a days work I guess. Controlling the criminals and saving lives. Hard to believe that all of this happen and I did not even wear my cape that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment