Saturday, December 8, 2012

BYOD #27

I like the idea of BYOD in schools if the curriculum supports it. BYOD would only work in my classroom if the kids could bring in power tools to support the curriculum. But I do see how this practice could be useful in a lot of classes. The major problem I see with this is that we can't distinguish between the student using it for school or playing games and being distracted. Devices can be just as detrimental to the learning process as it can be helpful. I still think it is the only viable option for getting new technology to the masses when we cannot afford to buy it for the school. What do we do for the students that do not have a device to bring or internet access on the device that they have? Do we tell that kid that they can;t participate?

No comments:

Post a Comment