Friday, December 7, 2012

#24 iPad and SPED

I think iPads in special education are awesome tools. My wife is a sped teacher and she has downloaded tons of apps on her iPads that are educational. She uses it to remediate students for the grad exam with great success. This year I saw her use it with a deaf student to communicate when her sign language skills were not enough. The student was able to show her what he needed using the ipad. I have also seen them work great with students with autism. I cannot explain this phenomenon but it works. I guess it may be that it does not force them to interact with someone and the touching of the screen calms them. I am not an expert but I do believe that iPads are more important to special education than the general education population.

No comments:

Post a Comment